Monday, March 8, 2010

~My Heart for Jack~



Kim at Daisy Cottage is collecting fabric hearts for Jack in honor of his wife.  Kim's wonderful collection of fabric hearts inspired this idea by one of her readers.  This is one of the photos from Daisy Cottage.  Aren't the hearts beautiful?







Jack's wife, Tabathapassed away from cancer.  She enjoyed reading Kim's blog and found peace when she visited.  You can read the touching story by clicking on her name.  The idea is for everyone to send a heart to Kim and she will send them to Jack.  For all the details, go to Daisy Cottage  and click on the "Hearts for Jack" button on the sidebar.



I wanted to make a heart for Jack to help show him that Tabatha will be remembered.  Of course I chose a floral fabric and it just had to have a rosette.  I traced around a cookie cutter to get a paper pattern then cut out the fabric.





I used pinking shears to cut it out, sewed arond the outside leaving a gap for stuffing, and filled .





To make the rosette, I tore a strip of fabric to get a frayed edge.  I sewed one edge by hand to gather and rolled the strip, sewing it together as I went. For a little extra detail, I tore small strips of fabric and attached them under the rosette.





Now I just have to get to the Post Office! I hope you make a heart for Jack, too.  You have until March 31st.  To see all the packages Kim has already received, click here.  Can you just image Jack's reaction when all those hearts arrive?

Janet

I will be sharing this project at DIY Day and Get Your Craft On.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling us about this. I had not seen the post about Hearts for Jack. I have a perfect heart that I made a few months back. I'll go visit the blog and get the address.
    Thanks.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((Janet))))))

    Bless you.

    It is over the moon beautiful.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Jack will treasure your token of kindness and support so very much.

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful heart you have made...
    eddahugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart for Jack is so pretty. But what a sad story.

    ReplyDelete