Thursday, April 21, 2011

Corner Cupboard Facelift


I found this corner cupboard at the thrift store.  It wasn't too bad, it just needed a little facelift.  Here is the before.



The fabric was a bit outdated.



The wood wasn't very pretty.



And the shelves were covered with wall paper.



I removed the paper and painted the shelves white.  The back got a pretty blue paint with dark wax antiquing.  And the doors got new linen panels.



I had planned to repaint the outside and add glass knobs, but I thought its simple country charm was, well, charming.  The cupboard is now at the antique mall waiting for a new home.

I'll be joining some parties on my sidebar, so please go visit everyone else.

Janet

6 comments:

  1. Love what you accomplished with your corner cupboard! I have one similar that doesn't have any back to it. Guess is was a built in at one time. You may just have given me the incentive I need to get on this project!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is going to snap that right up! I love the pale blue back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupboard looks great. I'm always on the look out for one of these on Craigslist and gsales. I would paint mine white with blue as well. I love that combo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job and you're right...the outside looks fine as is.

    ReplyDelete