Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Foot Board Turned Coat Rack

This was just a really fun project.   I found this twin foot board at an estate sale.



This is the only before picture I have.  See it leaning against the wall?  It was the typical yellow cream most of these pieces have.



I painted it French Gray and  left the gold details, added hooks from Hobby Lobby that were painted white and antiqued, and then made the "DREAM" banner.




To make the banner, I used wooden letters from Jo Ann's.  I spray painted the edges gold to match the detailing on the foot board.  Next I traced around the letters on antique sheet music, cut out and applied with decoupage medium.  Finally the letters were hot glued on a piece of twine.


For some reason, nothing I had looked good hanging on the hooks.  So I decided to show some of the frames I had just painted.  Decorator's block? Maybe.


Anyway, I really love how this turned out and it has already been taken to the Antique Mall.

Janet

I Rocked It at The Ivy Cottage
The Power Of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking
Restored It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Saturday Nite Special

8 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out...brillant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is sooo pretty! I don't think you need anything to hang on the hooks, except maybe a linen scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great example of repurposing! And it is so cute! And the Dream project is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frames and the rack. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I never would have thought of that. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd buy this in a heartbeat, it's just-so-pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! So creative and unique! Your frames are awesome also! I've had a hard time with the decorators block myself lately ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa (Rickety Swank, vintage & unique)

    What a unique idea.. love it!

    ReplyDelete