Thursday, August 30, 2012

French Graphic Washtub

I just love using  French graphics on my "junk".

 
I found this washtub at an estate sale. I have to tell you, I've been feeling a little awkward lately about all the " treasures" I bring home.  What are my neighbors thinking when I unload an ugly old brown washtub with the hose still hanging out of the bottom from my truck?  And what about my truck.  Do they think it's weird that I traded in my Ford Fusion for a big pick-up truck?  How about broken dressers with missing drawers sitting in my garage?  Do they secretly call me the junk yard lady?   If you were my neighbor I know you would understand that they are treasures and not junk.  Right?  OK. Back to the washtub.
 
 
 
Since it was this ugly brown I spray painted it with Rustoleum Heirloom White.  I added a graphic from The Graphics Fairy  using the decoupage method.  There are a lot of tutorials for this on blogs.  I followed the one from Town and Country Living.
 
 

I really do love how this turned out.  Maybe instead of seeing all the "junk" I unload from my truck the neighbors are seeing all the pretty "afters" that are loaded into my truck.  I guess it all depends on how you look at things.
 
  
 
The obvious use for this washtub is to fill it with flowers or ice and drinks on the patio, but I think I would bring it inside and fill it with beautiful french linens (which I would love to own some day).
 
 
Here is a shot of the tub at my space at the antique mall.
 
 
And as for my concerns about being called the junk yard lady, I only have one thing to say.  Honey, please keep the garage door shut.
 
Now to the parties...
 
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
 Between Naps on the Porchfor Metamorphosis Monday
The Farmhouse Porch for Cowgirl Up
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures
Redoux Link Party
Knick of Time TuesdaySavvy Southern Style for Wow Us WednesdaysDIY by Design
Primp for Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Restore Interiors for Restored it Wednesda
y
Domestically Speaking for the Power of Paint party
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday

The 36th Avenue Party TimeNo Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on ThursdayMy Romantic Home for Show and Tell FridayFrench Country Cottagefor Feathered Nest Frida
 2805 for Potpourri Friday

At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
 Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 

 
 

15 comments:

  1. LOL I hear ya! But look at how great it came out. Your booth is beautiful! I know that will sell very quickly:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this old washtub. I think your neighbors are probably jealous of all the treasures you bring home, who wouldn't be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - your washtub is adorable! How nice of you to give me some blog love with a link to my graphics transfer tutorial. I truly appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I went to an auction last week and they had one there but the bottom was all rusted out:( I'll just keep looking for one. Your booth is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, I wonder what my neighbors think too when I open my garage door!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to laugh about your last comment about keeping the garage door shut! You gave me a chuckle--thanks for that. I can relate. I find myself showing employees at Goodwill pictures of things I have transformed because when I think of all the ugly stuff I buy I don't want them to think my house is full of junk:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're too funny - I die inside when I bring pieces to my place too!!!
    But what an incredible find - and your transformation is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, so much for what your neighbors think, look at the outcome. I love the tub, love it with the flowers and the linens.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's amazing. In a million years I'd never think someone would make something so lovely from that old tub! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tub is very cute. I immediately thought of a drink holder for outside, but it does look pretty yummy with the linens in it. Oh, and it's my own husband who thinks I'm the junk lady. The neighbors just shake their heads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooner or later the neighbors will get it, maybe not. Mine still look at me as though I've flown off the coo-coo's nest on occasion, but oh well. At least we give them some entertainment yeah? I am SOOO in love with your transformation and would be proud to bring that piece home. Awesome job!! Stoppy by via Honey's 2805 Potpourri Party, thanx for sharing ~ Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness your washtub looks so amazing. Saw it on Funky Junk Link Party and had to come over and comment. I'd loooove to be your neighbor or to share your space! Your booth looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing! I am featuring tomorrow afternoon. Thanks! -K

    ReplyDelete
  14. I understand the affinity, I have one just like this and now I know what to do with it :) I may leave the gray metal and just use your method of adhering a graphic..these do bring a smile

    ReplyDelete